Saturday, September 15, 2007

Light the Night 2007

I wanted to update everyone about our team efforts for Light the Night which is quickly approaching. As of this morning, Team Gershon has raised $12,870. Since we have already raised over $10,000 we will again have our own tent at the event.

I wanted to provide everyone with the details of the event. It is scheduled for Saturday, September 29th at Lippitt Park at the end of Blackstone Boulevard in Providence. The walk will be 2.5 miles up and down the boulevard. Registration and check in starts at 5:00. The walk starts at 7. Last year there was a long line to pick up balloons so I would suggest doing this early.

There are activities and entertainment. You can also drop off any money, pick up shirts and eat snacks. We will provide refreshments for our team. I also need to order Team Gershon shirts. If you are planning to walk, please send me an email jgers01@gmail.com so I can order the appropriate number of shirts. Also please register online ahead of time if you are planning to walk since the lines can become very long. Last year there were several thousand walkers. You can go to my Light the Night site. Click on Register to Walk. On the search page, select Team Name and type Team Gershon.

I am very excited to see everyone and the generosity has been wonderful. If you have donations, you can bring them on the night of the walk, send them to me, or send them in to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society directly. I will see everyone on the 29th.

No comments: