Tuesday, November 04, 2008

An Election, a Birthday, and a Trip

Today has been an interesting day. First of all, it is my 36th birthday. I was pleasantly surprised on Facebook when many people apparently saw that it was my birthday and posted something on my Wall. So much for keeping it low key.

Second, as I have done many times, my birthday is shared with an election. Today is one of the most important elections we have ever had. The polling data is just starting to roll in as I write this and we should know in a couple of hours who our next president is.

Third, my wife and I are heading to Portland, Oregon tomorrow for my 6 month check-up with Dr. Druker. Although I recently had a PCR test which was extremely low, I had blood drawn a couple of weeks ago and shipped to Portland. I have my meeting with Dr. Druker on Thursday morning. I was amazed to read that last week, Phil Knight, one of the founders of Nike, donated $100 million dollars to the OHSU Cancer Center. Needless to say, that is an impressive amount of money that will hopefully go a long way to helping cure many cancers.

I will keep you posted about my visit with Dr. Druker.

No comments: